Registration for the Pioneer is now closed!
The Pioneer course is available to anyone and everyone who’s interested — all years, majors, backgrounds, and experience levels. There’s no application to participate, and we have a no-questions-asked financial aid policy, too. (Details on that below.)
We do not permit taking multiple courses at once. You are welcome to register / apply to multiple, but you will need to ultimately select just one. If you’d like some feedback on your particular situation or interests, email us at email@example.com or stop by our Open House.
You can expect to commit 6-8 hours per week for the duration of the program.
The Pioneer meets as a group each Sunday from 5-6:30pm. Attendance is required. The course runs from February 3 through the end of April.
We strongly recommend reading the Program Details page in-depth to understand the time commitment of the program before you register.
- All curriculum, digital resources, and staff mentorship and training for the full 10-week program
- 12/hour day unlimited access to our clubhouses on Elliewood Avenue
- Dinner and drinks at 5+ community dinners and several additional social events
- HackCville’s Slack (digital chatroom) account which is often updated with dozens of internship, job, and freelancing opportunities
- Priority application status to our startup trips
- Access to our digital media studio and equipment
Registration Process and Fees
All of the items above are included in the $150 Pioneer program fee. Here’s how to register.
- Register and pay the program fee. (Details on our no-questions-asked financial aid policy are also below.)
- The registration will take you 7-10 minutes — so don’t wait until the last minute.
- You must be able to commit to the Pioneer meeting times listed above.
- That’s it! If you complete all four projects throughout the course of the Pioneer program, we’ll welcome you into the HackCville community.
We want The Pioneer to be accessible to anyone and everyone who’s interested. If you can’t pay the $150 program fee (or you can only pay part of it) we still want you to participate in the program. We offer full scholarships for anyone who needs them — don’t let that stop you from registering. Feel free to email any questions to our scholarship manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.